Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Feliz dia del Padre-June 22

Group email

"Hello everyone! 


So, we are making our transfer-ly (that's not a word but I don't know how else to describe it) trip to DC today, we are going to the zoo! I will send pics next week! But.. so I don't have much time to write..

This past week was great, last week of the transfer and transfers are on Thursday this week!! SO crazy this transfer has just FLOWN by!! 6 weeks?! What?! But we are all really sad because our mission president, President Riggs, is leaving.. :/ He will be heading back home to AZ on the 30th, and then our new president (President David Huntsman) will be coming in with his fam! It'll be a really big change, but it will be good, the Lord's timing is always perfect, whether we recognize it or not :)

Well, I would just like to take a moment and let everyone know how grateful I am for my dad!! If you haven't seen the mormon message "Earthy Father, Heavenly Father" go look it up! It is so good!! I know I truly have a dad that loves me and is always trying to do what is best for me :) As I have been on my mission it has made me how much I took for-granted that counsel and direction that my dad oh-so-carefully placed in my life. I will FOREVER be grateful for my dad and all that he has taught me, he is a pretty great guy, if you all don't know that already :) One thing I also have come to know even more so is that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I know this because I have felt it. It is one of those feelings of love that cannot be described through words.. that is why I am so grateful to be here on a mission, because the only way for me to describe it is to help others feel the same way! And to help them recognize the things they can do in their life in order to always have that feeling of love in their lives, and the love of God dwell in their home. I love this gospel!! Before my mission I had no idea what I would be missing out on had I not gone on a mission.. but now that I have been out here, I would not trade this experience for the WORLD. And how lucky I am to still be able to serve my Heavenly Father so closely for another 9 1/2 months! 

I love all of you, and wish you the best as you keep experiencing life and growing from the experiences that God has chosen to bless you with!! May we always remember how grateful we are for God and all that He has given us, and that He TRULY is our Father in Heaven. And He loves and cares for each and every one of us individually, I know it. If you haven't already, pray to your Heavenly Father tonight, and wish Him a Happy Father's day!! It is not too late.. :) For He is the Father of us all. He wants to hear from you!!

Cuidense mucho!! 

Les amo,

Hermana Riddle :)

P.S. I got to hold a bird!! Just like home :) haha.. oh and please dont mind the picture... it was only 108 degrees outside that day.. #humidvirginia"


Here are some pics that came through this week;)



Pictures of her fun trip to the zoo:)






No comments:

Post a Comment