Monday, November 9, 2015

Long time no talk:) November 9, 2015

"Hello everyone! 

So I know it has only been 4 days since my last Pday, so I am going to make this short and sweet.

These past few days have been super awesome, I have grown a lot-- but also super hard at the same time, and I'll tell you why...

I have seen many people slowly start to lose their testimonies. I have seen many people start to lose their faith. And it breaks my heart. I feel as though the Lord is beginning to go through a sifting process, and the ones who really have solid rock testimonies are the ones who are not going to slip through the cracks. I am grateful to be here on a mission, and to have been able to be blessed with the opportunity to recognize my weaknesses and use my freedom to choose to change them. I know that EVERY single one of us has been given this blessing, or this gift, to be able to choose between right and wrong, and it is up to us to decide if we are going to use that, the ONLY thing we can really give back to God (our will) and align our choices with the ones that our Savior Jesus Christ would make if he were on the earth today. 

This week I encourage you all to find your faith. Find your testimony. Confirm your beliefs, and confirm them with God. And as you do so, write them down. Write them down so you never forget how much God loves you, and how much He has blessed you in your life. 

I love you all, and will talk to you all next week!! Take care!! :) And happy Turkey month!!

Hermana Riddle :)

This is Amy, one of the cutest little girls you will ever meet. She wanted to paint my nails.. and can I tell you they are a "hot mess," as she would say ;)"


Here are a few other things she told me in her email to me referring to questions that I asked.  Sorry if it's a little choppy...

"My past few days have been good, I mean wow I can't believe it is already Pday again! ;) Things are going great with my new companion, she is so sweet!! I love her!! She is from Farmington, UT, and she's super fun! She is a Christensen and comes from a 9-kid family! She is the 8th and ALL of them have served missions so far!! Cool huh??  Haaa.. sometimes I feel like I corrupt all my companions because I am such a freak.. but whatever.. she does Miranda voice now too.. you BEST believe it. :)"

Yes there are 6 of us going home in April.. but there is actually only 1 hermana coming in when hna mcmillan and moberly go home.. so that means that they will have to shut down an area (which will probably be one of the hermana areas here in Sudley, probably ours.. because we are the only ward in the entire mission that has 2 sets of sisters..) but it would be REALLY hard to shut down this area so I am wondering if they will take the Peruvian sister who came in last August and have her be an Hermana!! That would be SWEET. So yes, all will have to train when we leave.. which means.. I dunno if they will have Sister Training Leaders then???

Ok, total missionaries in our mission? Around 200 and something.. it used to be at like 260 but they are trying to get it to around 210.. I think we are pretty close to that now!! But over like a third of our mission, like close to half have been out 6 months or less!! We have a baby mission right now! Going through a lot of changes and training!! 

The Spanish program is like SO OLD compared to that! Cuz the newest Hermana we have came out last MAY!! Yes we do know the English missionaries.. kindof alright.. I know certain ones more than others.. but mostly just as a Spanish Program we are really close.. practically everyone knows everyone.. I am not sure how many Spanish elders we are allotted.. I will put a pic of the most recent pic of Spanish forum on iCloud so you can get a feel for the size of the Spanish program.. minus two sisters.. and I think 2 elders as well. 

We have English, Spanish, and Mandarin speakers in this mission. Our mission president served his mission in Taiwan, Mandarin speaking but he said he can only have small little "how are you" convos with them and that is it.. he doesn't really remember it.. but yeah, we only have 3 Mandarin companionship's though.. it was just one trio until this week- we had three new come in so now all three of those elders are training!! The Mandarin program used to be a LITTLE bigger than that but not by much.. it has kindof decreased in size as well."

I thought those were some interesting details to hear:) Below are a couple of pics. The one with her on the teeter totter is with her new companion:)




No comments:

Post a Comment