Monday, November 9, 2015

Halloween and more-Nov 5, 2015

"OK. Well, it has been a while since my last Pday so a lot of things have happened!

1. My companion went home :(
2. I got a new companion, who has the same name, Hermana Christensen!! :)
3. I am starting my 5th transfer (in missionary time that is a long time) in the same area
4. I have been out over a year and have only served in 2 areas
5. Halloween was this week
6. October ended
7. November started
and
8. We had a General Authority (Anthony D Perkins of the 70) come and speak to us!!

There were obviously a lot of other things that happened this week as well (#lifeofamissionary), but there's just not enough time to explain it all!! I am sure you are all wondering what missionaries do on Halloween so I'll tell you.. well, what we do here in the DC South at least.. Well, Halloween night is just not a good idea for missionaries to go out proselyting, so we went to the 2nd Counselor in the Stake Presidency's house as a zone to watch the Cokeville Miracle.. for those of you who have not seen it.. WATCH IT. Some of the acting is a bit cheesy but you'll just have to get over it. It brought almost all of us to tears, it really has such a good meaning! There were quite a few people in the room who had family members that were actually involved in the true story it is based off of. So that was a fun experience! Then on Monday (which is why we didn't have Pday until today) we were able to hear from a General Authority and learned so much!! We talked about fulfilling our purpose as missionaries, and the true importance of what we do!! It reminded me of a recent Spanish Forum we had in September where we were challenged to take a Spiritual Inventory of our life every so often.. these are the questions involved in a spiritual inventory (and I invite you all to do the same).. I am going to change them a little bit so that it doesn't just apply to life as a missionary, but to all of you!

1. Do I say my prayers individually every day with sincerity?
2. Do I study the scriptures every day?
3. Do I make an earnest effort to let my family (individually) know that I love them?
4. Do I make sincere plans/goals long term and short term?
5. Do I discipline my thoughts? (practice a mental discipline)
6. Do I try to let ALL of God's children know how much I love them, based on action?

I encourage you all to take a spiritual inventory of your life, and if there is some need for changing or refining, excellent!! That is what we have the gospel for!! To change and refine us and to help us become better!!

Do something nice for someone this week, and remember to SMILE :)

Hermana Riddle :)"


Riah told me this week that her ward mission leader and his family are moving to West Valley on December 5th! How exciting!  We are so excited to meet them and get to know them better. Riah has been serving in their ward for over 6 months so it will be fun to talk to them about all of the missionaries and the work that has been going on:)

As Riah mentioned above, her companion went back home to Oregon.  She said it was really rough having another companion go home.  She said she cried and that it is really hard to have them leave.  She said that she learns so much from the experience but she does not want to "kill" another comp. (For those of you that don't know what "kill a comp" means..it just means that they send them home from the mission).  So far, Riah has said that she still keeps in touch with the ones who have gone so that's been really good.

Lots of pictures this week..here are some of them!  She is having a wonderful time out in DC!












No comments:

Post a Comment