Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July 29, 2015-Short on time!

Riah's group email was a little short this week as she and the other Hermanas in her district went to the Museum of Natural History in DC. 

"Hey everyone, so this is going to be a quickie this week, we are going to DC today so bear with me!!

Wow a lot happened this week!! We were able to have interviews with our new mission president, he is a great guy!! I was also able to attend the temple this past week!! I LOVE THE TEMPLE. The DC temple is SO beautiful. We can only go every 6 months here in this mission so that was a really special time!! There is such an inner peace found in the temple that you just can't describe or get anywhere else!!

Well, real quick another interesting event we had this past week.. 

Long story short a member we ate with fed us rice with a bunch of little chicken hearts inside it... And... It wasn't well prepared... SO. I knew it was chicken heart so I did NOT eat it but my companion and the other hermanas that were with me did. My companion ate the most though the other hermanas stopped after one. Nuff said my companion got some sort of food poisoning or I dunno what, but it was HORRIBLE for like 2-3 days!! I felt so bad :( She is all good now though, ha :)
We have been able to see so many little miracles this week, and for this next month I have chosen a Christlike attribute to work on, and that is patience. I will get more into that next week but I would just like to share a quick scripture about patience with you guys before I end this!! 

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." -Hebrews 12:1

Let us all remember that this life is supposed to be a learning experience, and that everything happens for a reason. As I have come to start to work on patience I have realized that patience is accepting the things that happen in our lives calmly and with a surety that everything we go through has a glorious purpose set up behind it. :)

I love you all and hope you enjoy your last week of July!!:)"

Mariah is loving the area she is in and said that they feed them a ton there.  She said that she heard that they feed them even more in an area called Little River so she hopes she doesn't get transferred there.  Which speaking of transfers, she has them next week.  She says that all the hermanas in her district think that Riah will be transferred from the area but she is hoping to be able to stay another 6 weeks with her companion Hermana Moleli so that she can "kill her off" as they call it when one missionary is going home after the transfer. Hermana Moleli goes home in September.  Even though Riah wants to stay she said she is willing to go wherever the Lord wants her to go. In her own words she hashtags #lordswayorthehighway




No comments:

Post a Comment