Tuesday, February 9, 2016

WOW. Feb 8, 2016

"Man, I don't even know where to start!! Sorry, short on time again but hey... I hope you all understand!! 

This past week was INSANE. Still trying to wrap my mind around it!! So much happened!! So my companion Hermana Craner had to go home cuz of medical issues, and it was SO sad to see her go. She really did fight till the end. I have a new companion now, Hermana Atkinson, and she is so cute!! We work well together and I know we are going to be able to continue to help the Little River ward here!!

This past weekend I was able to attend the baptisms of 3 different people I taught in some of my past areas, Sudley and Bella Vista. Karina and Jose (the kids of Karina who got baptized in December) got baptized on Saturday, and Dennis got baptized on Sunday!! (See photos:)) It was good to be back in my other areas and be able to see all of my people!! I love my mission and everyone here so much. It has honestly been such a humbling and amazing experience. Words cannot describe it!!

So I just want to leave a little thought before I go. I was reading a talk this morning called "Called to Serve" (by L. Tom Perry) and it was amazing! He was talking to prospective missionaries of the church about personal worthiness. There is a part where he says...

 "If our thoughts remain clean and pure, we would never commit acts that would prevent us form serving in the mission field.

--To be a missionary is a high-calling, and I have understood that from day 1 when I was set apart to be a full-time missionary to represent Jesus Christ 16 months ago. It takes a lot of preparation, obedience, and desire in order to become the person God wants us to become. As I've applied this quote to my own life and the lives of others I have realized that everything really does stem back to our thoughts. 

As the scripture in Mosiah 4:30 says: "...watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds..

ANY action we EVER choose to take first comes from a thought. This is why it is so crucial that we watch our thoughts because they really do have an effect on the way we act, and our actions determine who we are and where our life goes. 

My challenge to you this week is to pay ATTENTION to your thoughts, no matter how small and try to focus them on looking for ways you can help and serve others. I promise this will bring you true happiness! Trust me, I've done it. But don't just take my word for it--DO IT. :)

I love you all and I know I say that every week but I wouldn't write it if I didn't mean it. 

Have a good one!! :)

Hermana Riddle <3


Here are a few things that Riah told me this week!

"So first things first. WOW. haha yup crazy week!! I'm liking the area, a lot of adjustments, but we're hangin in there haha. Just trying to breathe and wrap my head around it all!!"

She said that she loves her new companion (she knew her before) and in her words she said.."She is just SO dang cute. Ahh I just want to pinch her cheeks!!!" Her companion is from Indiana and did Choir. She has been out the same amount of time as Riah has so there just might be another change for Riah in her last transfer.

As you know, Riah's previous companion came home and guess what? We (the mom's of Hna Peabody, Mugleston, Pettit and me) were privileged to meet her and go to the temple and lunch with her and her mom the day after she came home.  Here are some pictures from that day that we sent to Riah. And..below the pics was Riah's response..


"OH MY GOSH it is really just so weird to think that you talked with Hna Craner the DAY after I was LITERALLY right by her side!! It's like "oh yeah, I saw her yesterday don't even worry about it.." That is SO crazy to wrap my head around!! I miss her, but it's ok!!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment