Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Going to work as a disciple of Chirst-Week 5

Wow!  Can I just say that I just love Mariah.  Her letters are always so positive and uplifting.  One thing I always do is cry when I read them though.  It is so comforting to know that Mariah has received such a strong confirmation about why she is doing what she is doing.  She gets it!  She knows why she is on a mission! She is committed and ready to share light with others.  Her email this week was very inspiring.  Here is a little piece of what she shared with us...

First of all, I was glad to hear that she is still playing the piano.  From her email she shares..."This Thursday I am thinking about trying out for a musical number to do during a devotional one day with all the missionaries, but I dunno, we'll see. Um. Somehow I got put in charge of the music for our Branch when I got here for Sunday meetings, so now I'm kindof like the "branch pianist" I guess you could say but technically as a missionary you can't have another calling so it's just like "your calling as a missionary with some extra responsibilities" as our Branch President likes to call it. I don't mind, tho."  I remember several months ago telling Mariah that I had a strong feeling that she should keep practicing the piano and making sure that she could still play the hymns. I told her that I had a feeling that she would be able to have that opportunity on her mission. Funny thing was that the same day that I talked to Mariah about this she had that same feeling and while I was gone for a few hours she was at home playing the piano. I had no idea until I mentioned it to her and she told me that she had just finished playing. Next thing you know she got called to be the Primary pianist in our ward and we were like "Oh..that's why!"  Haha. Well, now to see that she is able to share her musical talent on her mission it just goes to show that how important it is to listen to promptings. I am positive that she will have many more opportunities to share her musical talent!

Mariah mentioned in her email that they had to say goodbye to one of the districts in her zone yesterday.  She said it was tough and didn't realize how close they had all gotten in such a short time. Below is a picture of some of her zone.  Are you surprised its a selfie..sort of? Typical Mariah being silly for the camera!



Maybe I should share this other one.  It shows their faces a little better..well kinda:) Here's another!


In Mariah's email she also shared..."This week for some reason the scripture from the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi Chapter 5:13 has been coming up to me personally through one on one teacher conversations or through the spirit. It just keeps coming to my head, and I feel that it really is my purpose for being out here. I feel so much peace from it and a confirmation that what I am doing is the right thing. It says:

'"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."'

I know that Jesus Christ himself wants me here, and that I am not just a missionary. I have been set apart to BE A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST, to represent Him and all that His church stands for. Something that I need to take advantage of. Because these 18 months are NOTHING compared to the eternity that I know exists. These 18 months I have to give all I've got to this mission, because after this, that calling of being set apart as one of Christ's disciples will be released from me, and I won't be able to teach with the same power and authority I have now to share what I know to be true." 

She goes on to say.."This next 18 months, I do not want to just preach the gospel. I know that I have spoken with the people I will be teaching in the life before we came to earth, and that I PROMISED those people that I would bring the Gospel of Christ to them. I do not want to just preach the gospel. I want to go out and save my friends, as Christ has saved me."

What an awesome message! We are all disciples of Christ..she is just lucky that she gets to devote 18 months solely to sharing the gospel with others. I can't think of a better place I would have her be right now then out on a mission.  Of course home would be nice..but her heart is somewhere else, and that is where it should be:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment