Sunday, December 6, 2015

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!-Nov 23, 2015

"Hello everyone, ahhh the Pdays just start to go faster and faster!! This week was super great, we had a lot of things happen and have been able to see so many miracles!! I wish I had the time to tell but I don't.. sooo... I will just share a quote that I heard yesterday that I feel could apply to every aspect of life and we could really all use..

"If  you don't know what to do, and you feel like God isn't listening, just remember that the teacher never give the answers during the test."

I don't know who that is by but I just have to say that I know at times we don't realize why certain things are happening in or lives and/or how to deal with what comes in our lives, but just remember that the master teacher is the Spirit, and the spirit is what communicates to us what God would have us know in the time He would have us know it.. if we will just live worthy of that spirit we will be able to look forward with faith and overcome everything!! Just remember there is a purpose to every trial and test we go through in life, and that most of the time, if not ALL of the time, we are NEVER going to understand why or receive the answers during the time of trial, but that everything will work out in the end and when we begin to understand is what makes it easier to overcome.

I hope that makes sense, sorry I'm not giving much information about this week but it really was awesome, I feel SO grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary and to serve my Heavenly Father as a representative of His Son, Jesus Christ!! I wouldn't trade this experience and what I have learned for ANYTHING.

Thank you all for being such awesome friends and family, I truly do have amazing people in my life, I am so grateful for each and every one of you!! 

I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving week!

What are you thankful for? ;)

Hermana Riddle :)

Pics next week!!" 

This pic is with her companion Hermana Christensen (the second) eating some Salvadorian papusas.  The awesome thing about Riah serving in the states with Spanish speaking people is that she gets to try homemade food from all kinds of countries.  Peru, Argentina, El Salvador, Mexico, Chile, Columbia, and many others.  I haven't asked her what type of food she likes the best but it'll be fun to hear about it when she gets home from her mission:)


I have a couple of other pics from Mariah that I won't post this week.  They are of her tonsils. Ugggh. She hasn't been feeling well but is just trying to plow through it all. She said that she has been so tired that she has been sleeping through her lunch hours and dinner hours when they don't have appointments for dinner.  Please pray for her to be able to get better and have the energy that she needs to do the work. She'll be going to the Dr to figure things out.

This past week she had to drop some investigators that she just loves so much but aren't progressing. Always such a hard thing to do.  She said though that she has been able to see so many miracles happen that she just doesn't have time to explain. She told us she would tell us all about it after her mission so I am writing that here so she will remember to tell us:)  She has some baptisms coming up but is being extra cautious about mentioning anything because she knows how Satan works.  She asked us to pray for her investigators and to also pray that she and her companion will be led to people who are prepared.

Also, this past week I was able to have lunch with some of the mom's of Hermanas who are serving in the DC South Spanish mission with Riah.  We had a great time.  See pics.  These are the moms of Hermanas Pettit and Mugleston (who went out with Riah) and also Hermana Peabody's mom. Hermana Peabody was a companion of Riah's.  They are fantastic women. I am so grateful that Riah has the opportunity to serve with such great sisters.  After meeting up with the moms we all mentioned that it's no wonder they all get along so well. Instant and forever friends! :)






Mariah will be singing in a missionary choir on Christmas Eve at the DC Temple Visitors Center.  She will also be playing a piano piece for the choir. What a great experience that will be for her.  And..we get to talk to her the day after that! YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment