Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What A Week! Mar 14, 2016

Haha hey everyone, I know it's been SO "long" since I emailed you all last Wednesday... haha :) But these past few days have been awesome!! With Easter coming up I have been able to study and reflect on the Atonement of Jesus Christ a lot and what it means to me. And especially what it means to me that He has RISEN! Which makes it possible for all of us to be resurrected again as well!!

There is a new video that came out by the church yesterday for Easter called "Hallelujah." Everybody go check it out, it's amazing! If you remember seeing the one from Christmas "A Savior is Born," pretty sure it's all of their parents haha :)

On Sunday I was able to play the piano for the Primary and can I just say that my testimony of the fact that we need to become like little children (like the scriptures say), has grown and proven itself so much to be true! Ahhh just the things they say!! "...submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." I know there are many times in life where it may seem that life isn't fair,  but in all reality one learns so much from not "getting his own way" and learning to submit to the will of something better. Just like a parent knows what is best for their child in certain circumstances since they have already lived through that stage of life, our Father in Heaven knows EVERYTHING and knows what is better for us than we do! I know that sounds cliché to say that God knows what's best for us but when you truly think about it it really does make sense. I would encourage you all to go to the Book of Mormon and open up to Mosiah 3:19 in preparation for this Easter Sunday coming up. Ponder about what "the natural man" means and what it means to put it off or get rid of it.

I love this gospel and the ability I have gained to be able to understand it fuller and more deeply on my mission. I pray that all of you will have that same spirit and desire to gain more understanding of the words of our Father and His Son, Jesus Christ as we search and ponder the scriptures and listen to the words of our modern-day prophets and apostles.

I love all of you and hope you have an amazing week!! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Riddle :)

P.S. So haha last night we went to go pull out of our parking spot to head home and as we were walking to the car we heard sirens super loud and then as we got in the car we saw the trucks coming and long story short they just parked it RIGHT in front of us as we were in the middle of pulling out and almost CLEARED our car!! I had to back it up a bit right before they hit us haha but we were stuck behind it for awhile just waiting and watching them set everything up.. it was super funny!!

Today we also had our Hermanas activity (all the Spanish speaking sisters in the mission, AHHH our lil group is getting so small!! :( ) and we played volleyball :)



No comments:

Post a Comment